What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Inside Appalachia

Webster

Recovering Snark Master
Administrator

Deep in the mountains of West Virginia, is a world most of us know nothing about. It's a place that's had a huge part in building the country off of the backs of coal miners. Economic decline has hit the region hard, but what remains is a sliver of hope, pride, and some of the most authentic and friendly people in the country.

Last edited:
As someone who was born, grew up in and still lives in Appalachia (albeit Western North Carolina) I loved this video; it was non-judgmental and heartfelt in its' portrayal of Appalachia.

Southern West Virginia to Eastern Kentucky is the largest region of economically distressed counties in the country. In many ways, it's a different America here. But what's it feel like to travel through this region in Appalachia and what do the locals have to say? Join me on this epic road trip to find out.

As someone who was born, grew up in and still lives in Appalachia (albeit Western North Carolina) I loved this video; it was non-judgmental and heartfelt in its' portrayal of Appalachia.
I totally agree.

I'm not from or living over there.

I live in southern Illinois and generally outsiders say we're redneck and mainly inbred hicks. We're definitely country compared to the rest of Illinois and we have a southern draw but we're just as normal as anyone else.

I feel the same way about mountain folks in WV and such. I'd love to visit those area, ride the ATV trails like in his video. That seems like my kind of people!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom