What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Cable VS Digital Internet

Fait

Gold Member
Elite Member

With Netflix and YouTube around now along with other internet content does everyone think TVs will eventually die out? Will TVs just be more internet reliant as the future keeps coming?

I think you mean cable, you still need a tv to watch netflix/youtube. Phone is nice, but no one by choice will watch a sport or event on a tiny phone screen.

I think you mean cable, you still need a tv to watch netflix/youtube. Phone is nice, but no one by choice will watch a sport or event on a tiny phone screen.
You are very on point with that and not to mention TVs still provide a big screen :D

I’ll go ahead and change the title. :p

We had Directv & have had it for, gosh, 15 years maybe. We did try Dish there for a bit when Directv stopped having Local channels. I think though that the prices for Satellite are astronomical & we are looking for other options to cut the cord. We have recently switched to our phone provider for their bundle of phone, internet, TV & while we liked Directv's style, plus we were used to it, we are saving a bunch of money. I don't watch much TV anyways, more in the wintertime. My husband & I do when we are eating dinner.
We can't get cable here as we are too rural. For awhile there, we couldn't get our phone provider's service either!
We have Netflix but are looking into Hulu. If others have ones they can recommend, let me know!

We had Directv & have had it for, gosh, 15 years maybe. We did try Dish there for a bit when Directv stopped having Local channels. I think though that the prices for Satellite are astronomical & we are looking for other options to cut the cord. We have recently switched to our phone provider for their bundle of phone, internet, TV & while we liked Directv's style, plus we were used to it, we are saving a bunch of money. I don't watch much TV anyways, more in the wintertime. My husband & I do when we are eating dinner.
We can't get cable here as we are too rural. For awhile there, we couldn't get our phone provider's service either!
We have Netflix but are looking into Hulu. If others have ones they can recommend, let me know!

so pretty much out in the sticks, I know some people with that issue. I hope better options come to you soon.

That’s sucks :(
I’ve heard Satelite internet is coming for you people that are in less city based areas or countries with a poor or no connection so hopefully that gets more popular because I think that will solve all internet issues.

Internet is better then what it use to be in 2007 so we are getting there.

We haven't had dish or cable in years. We have substituted it, with streaming services, and a few programs that connects to digital stations that have their own app services. I don't think TV itself will die out anytime soon, as not every station that would be watched, have completely switched over to online streaming. I know of a dozen tv stations in the region that we cannot get, if we didn't have atleast a digital antenna, to watch them.

We haven't had dish or cable in years. We have substituted it, with streaming services, and a few programs that connects to digital stations that have their own app services. I don't think TV itself will die out anytime soon, as not every station that would be watched, have completely switched over to online streaming. I know of a dozen tv stations in the region that we cannot get, if we didn't have atleast a digital antenna, to watch them.
Some of our major ones in Australia have but they’re are a few that haven’t yet so let’s hope so :D

If worst does come to worst TVs will just rely on a internet connection which most of us have these days but still look the same :)

It is just the mode of transmission. Now I get most of my TV content on YouTube or on other Apps. It is comfortable that way. It is hard to beat on-demand catalogue.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom