What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you listen to KPOP?

Shortie

Dedicated Member

KPOP was not something I ever thought to listen to up until my daughter found out about a popular KPOP band, BTS. She found out about them in 2019 and has been a huge fan ever since collecting their posters, Funko Pops, albums and so much more.

Due to my daughter listening to BTS as much as she does and also other KPOP artists as well, I have grown quite fond of BTS myself and I do tend to listen to their music myself as well both from them as a band and also from them as a solo artist as well.

Do you listen to KPOP? Who have you listened to and who is your favorite?

I love K-Pop! I discovered BTS a few years ago when their song 'Dynamite' was featured in a TV commercial. I loved the little bit that was played and Googled the lyrics to find out who sung the song. BOOM. Immediate love of the group. I have a lot of their albums and have seen countless videos.

I also like TXT, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, Kard, Le Sserafim, Twice, Seventeen, IKON, NCT (any), ATEEZ

Totally into it and listen as much as possible.

I've heard it and I think its catchy and cute but I am not a fan per say. If I hear it I'll bob my head and think it has a good beat (if it does).

I've heard it and I think its catchy and cute but I am not a fan per say. If I hear it I'll bob my head and think it has a good beat (if it does).
It typically does have a good beat. That's one reason I like K-Pop. :)

I love K-POP, I got into it about half year ago. I generally prefer darker themes and male artists, but I rather pick songs not artists, there are many I really like (not only of popular groups or idols). If you're interested you can just check my YT playlist of favorite songs or (if you want even more) my K-POP MV Gallery ;)

It typically does have a good beat. That's one reason I like K-Pop. :)
There are many reasons I love K-POP but definitely this isn't one of them :) it's the last reason I would think of, actually music itself in K-POP has secondary meaning for me, it serves more as a background (and I think this is it's general purpose, after all K-POP is idol focused and they don't make music. But it's different in K-rock.)
My reason for loving K-pop:
1. Genre mix
2. Vocals
3. Dance performances
4. MVs
5. General beauty (this applies to pt 2-4 + boys, but you know this already ;) )
This are all things I always really liked, but in K-POP are find them all together.

Never listened and have no desire to.

@Sylwira, great points. The dances are especially a great reason to watch a music video. I can't ever begin to come close. I'd trip over my feet!

Sure. There are some good songs.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom