What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What would you change about culture and society?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What would you change about culture and society if you could change anything?

For start, I'd cap the max amount of money a single person can posses to prevent the rich minority from hoarding all the money to themselves at the expense of the majority, and work my way from there.

I wouldn't want to change very much.
We have a society in which an enterprising person has the possibility of developing an idea or invention and either marketing it or selling it on.
Ultimately. that is how wealth and jobs are created.
If someone is very good at being enterprising, there is a good chance they might get very rich.
I'm ok with that.

One thing I'd change is how society expects you to be married. The older you get the more people pressure you and question you for not being married yet.

I would change the misconception of the military. The notion that we all are broken and thus bad.

I would change the misconception of the military. The notion that we all are broken and thus bad.
I don't think people who served in the military are broken. :friends:

Do people think you're psychologically damaged or something?

It's the notion that we went off to war and came back and that we are unhinged. This notion is that we didn't sacrifice anything for our county and that we are undeserving of the VA benefits that we are given for our service.

It's the notion that we went off to war and came back and that we are unhinged. This notion is that we didn't sacrifice anything for our county and that we are undeserving of the VA benefits that we are given for our service.

Well I am sure some people are irreversibly traumatized from what they went through in war, but everyone has a different level of tolerance for horrible things.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom