What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Best pizza topping?

What is the best pizza topping?

• Pepperoni

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mushroom

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Extra cheese

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Sausage

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Onion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black olives

• Green pepper

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Fresh garlic

• Tomato

• Fresh basil

• other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

What is the best pizza topping?

• Pepperoni
  • Mushroom
  • Extra cheese
  • Sausage
  • Onion
  • Black olives
  • Green pepper
  • Fresh garlic
  • Tomato
  • Fresh basil
  • other

Pepperoni is the best! Don't mess with a classic. :D

Triple pepperoni with double extra sauce and quadruple halloos,heavily sprinkled with the hottest chili powder you can find.

Whenever I host a party I always get a cheese pizza (amongst all the pepperoni's) and there's like one slice gone from that pizza by the end of the party. Then I am stuck eating that plain ass pizza as leftovers in the days that follow. Lol :p
Mail that thing my way, I'm not proud :D

Pepperoni is the best, give me double pepperoni and I'll be a happy guy! I don't care for mushrooms at all, sausage is okay every once in a while, onions do taste good on a pizza but a pizza is boring without pepperoni! Cheese, black olives and mushroom are the worst pizzas though.

I had pizza tonight, double pepperoni (2 different kinds).

I love a good pepperoni, olive, and spinach pizza (or just olive and spinach). Sausage I can do, but it's too much saltiness typically. Not a fan of Hawaiian unless the pineapple is cut small. I've also had fried egg pizza, which was delicious. I'm not a fan of anything else.

Reactions: Dee
I have to say green pepper! my honorable mentions being feta cheese and bacon

I always start with plain cheese. Toppings can be a distraction for awful pizza and as a New Yorker who has had the blessing of living in Brooklyn for most of her life, and later on having half my in-laws being Italian, I know what's up when it comes to really good pizza and I know exactly what to look out for. And from what my husband told me I've apparently impressed my in-laws..

And regarding pizza, I am an unapologetic snob about it.. (I'm still polite though.. I won't criticize but I wont return either..) I don't eat pizza outside of NY if I can help it, and if I do (like if I am on vacation) then it is chain only (like Dominos, Pizza Hut, or Marcos (esp. down South) or recommendations from older relatives who lives there.

When I moved up here, my brother swore up and down that he knew the best pizza up here and although it was pretty good from the places he took me to or got pizza from over the years, I completely changed his mind, my SIL and their kids when they had a slice from the place near my house.. he said if the kids like it, then he knows it is good.. so now when they want good pizza, they come all the way over by my house for the pizza. LOL

I always start with plain cheese. Toppings can be a distraction for awful pizza and as a New Yorker who has had the blessing of living in Brooklyn for most of her life, and later on having half my in-laws being Italian, I know what's up when it comes to really good pizza and I know exactly what to look out for. And from what my husband told me I've apparently impressed my in-laws..

And regarding pizza, I am an unapologetic snob about it.. (I'm still polite though.. I won't criticize but I wont return either..) I don't eat pizza outside of NY if I can help it, and if I do (like if I am on vacation) then it is chain only (like Dominos, Pizza Hut, or Marcos (esp. down South) or recommendations from older relatives who lives there.

When I moved up here, my brother swore up and down that he knew the best pizza up here and although it was pretty good from the places he took me to or got pizza from over the years, I completely changed his mind, my SIL and their kids when they had a slice from the place near my house.. he said if the kids like it, then he knows it is good.. so now when they want good pizza, they come all the way over by my house for the pizza. LOL
…I can’t imagine how scary it must have felt to have cooked pizza for Italian in law, eeeek….well done, though…you’ve not only lived to tell he tale but they keep coming back for more…and more…that’s sensational…

I didn't cook the pizza.. lol I just recommended the place up the block from my old apt, while they were helping us to pack up our stuff and they loved it.. and yeah, these people really know their shit when it comes to pizza though..

And it was because my FIL insisted on us taking 2 personal pies with us on the drive back up north with our second truck, that helped me pick out a really good pizza place up here when we got here.. I don't normally eat pizza on the road as it has both wheat and dairy, but I didn't want it to go bad either since it literally came from Totonno's, which is literally one of the oldest pizzerias in NY, let alone the U.S.

So after we ate it on the drive back up, we noted everything that we loved about it while it was still fresh in our minds and we used that to pick the pizza place near us when we unpacked the truck the next day. The fact that the place up here sold pizza by the slice, like the ones in Brooklyn was one of the first things we noticed, and after trying both a regular cheese and a pepperoni slice, we knew that had exactly what we were looking for. Bonus points for the fact that they have a brick oven that they actually make their pies in.. as opposed to places near my Mom's house in Long Island, where they brag and advertise the fact that they have a brick oven, but then used it to hold pizza boxes and other stuff.. and worse still, the oven they actually baked their pies in was gas..

I got to go with the good old pepperoni. It is not only a great choice, but also one that I have never had a pizza place try something strange with.

Maybe we should vote on best pizza dough since that's the most important part...I mean if the crust isn't good it really doesn't matter what we top it with...

I like supreme on thin crust. If I can't have that, then my second choice is often canadian bacon and mushroom on thin crust.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom