What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

[Final Poll] Name The Off Topix Kitten

What should we name the Wober kitten?

• Sapphire

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Simba

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy

Waiting....
Elite Member
Retired Admin

Time to cast your tie breaker vote for your favorite kitten name. You have the option to vote for only one name.

In order not to wind up with another tie, the following members may not vote in this poll:
  • Bea Sunny
  • Evil Eye
  • FIRES
  • Fatal Dawn
  • Jazzy
  • JetWing34
  • KaPOWitsCHRIS
  • Nanashi
  • Nicholas McConnaughay
  • Stormrider
  • The Dragon Master
  • Nebulous
  • Vaster
  • .Xstinct
I will PM five members who have not yet voted.

The last day to vote will be Thursday, July 31st.

The winner will be announced on Thursday, August 1st. The winner will win $100 Off Topix bucks and the contest award
Off Topix_contest_award.png

Here's the kitten who is still waiting for a name!
5584512347_b4412a853a_z_zps154f18c3.jpg

Paw%20print%20single-filtered_3.jpg
Good luck to the two remaining members!
Paw%20print%20single-filtered_3.jpg

Another tie? Goodness sake. Anyway, good luck to everybody else voting. That kitten has been nameless for too long :p

I voted. May there not be a third tie or we shall consider ourselves utterly hopeless in determining a winning name. XD

@Bluezone777: Thank you very much for voting! There cannot be a third tie as there are only 5 members now able to vote.

@Sleepy Brown: Thank you so much for voting!

@+all hearing ear: Thank you so much for voting!

I am carefully considering both options, including the possible politically incorrect subjective meanings of both names, and weighing the repercussions ......

(all bribes should be in cash or negotiable bonds, most sexual favors considered, gifts of overseas travel welcome, other gratuities should be discussed before being submitted)

..... of this most important endeavor which will influence the success and happiness of future generations across the world.

Let me see.... the traditional use of the first word as a gem....

Sapphire The blue sister of ruby. Ruby and sapphire are the same material, the mineral corundum, and the second hardest gemstone after diamond. Red corundum is known as ruby, while all other colors are referred to as sapphire. While blue is the classic sapphire color, sapphire is actually found in a wide range of colors.

http://www.gemselect.com/gem-info/sapphire/sapphire-info.php?ModPagespeed=noscript

Whereas the other word has been copyrighted by the terrible "D" company, and an unrelated technology outfit.

OK, OK... I'll vote.

DMS122500268.jpg

The magnificent 423-carat Logan Sapphire was cut from a crystal mined in Sri Lanka and is one of the world’s largest faceted blue sapphires (it is about the size of an egg). It is the heaviest mounted gem in the National Gem Collection, and in its silver and gold brooch setting is framed by twenty round brilliant-cut diamonds, totaling approximately 16 carats.

http://geogallery.si.edu/index.php/en/1001402/logan-sapphire

Do I have to go click the little button too, or will that do?

DrLeftover said:
OK, OK... I'll vote.

DMS122500268.jpg

The magnificent 423-carat Logan Sapphire was cut from a crystal mined in Sri Lanka and is one of the world’s largest faceted blue sapphires (it is about the size of an egg). It is the heaviest mounted gem in the National Gem Collection, and in its silver and gold brooch setting is framed by twenty round brilliant-cut diamonds, totaling approximately 16 carats.

http://geogallery.si.edu/index.php/en/1001402/logan-sapphire

Do I have to go click the little button too, or will that do?
Beautiful ring! :wub: Yes, please click the button too! :LOL:

@The Very End & DrLeftover: Thank you both very much for voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom