What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Last meal cooked

Never thought that Eggplant is underrated, I have it about once a week. It's one of my favourites, but then again, most veggies are for me anyways.:p
Today was not a vegan meal, but still with veggies
So, I made, Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Green Beans and Carrots.

I had pork for dinner last night. Soo good.

Curry Rice
Pork Rissoles ( Meatballs )
Roasted Pumpkin

ut278Q5h.jpg

H7spF0sh.jpg

uBZQV3sh.jpg

Soooo Yummy! Most especially the little porky balls! :ok:

I made meatballs in red wine sauce earlier. I had planned to make them later, but that's okay. They actually taste better after sitting for a while. I'll just whip up some mashed potatoes to go with them before dinner.

Or who knows, maybe I'll change my mind and end up with pasta or fries even rice :p

wfG22gLh.jpg

Absolutely! You can have it your way! :LOL:
True :LOL:

I had to look up what exactly this dish is. Okay, I understood the name, but what goes with it, I'm not very familiar with Mexican cuisine. Anyway, I like that they are flat.
Did you include any meat in there, or is it just the beans ?

True :LOL:

I had to look up what exactly this dish is. Okay, I understood the name, but what goes with it, I'm not very familiar with Mexican cuisine. Anyway, I like that they are flat.
Did you include any meat in there, or is it just the beans ?
Yes, as well as beans there is taco-seasoned ground beef, shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped fresh tomatoes; salsa or taco sauce.
This can be pretty plain or fancier, as you wish; much the same as a taco except that it is on a flat crispy/fried corn tortilla.
Really, my preferred version of a crispy taco - - those taco shells are so often breaking in half and a little more difficult to "stuff" if you're going to make a 'supreme' version.
You can leave the beans off except that they're the basic "glue" that keeps the crumbled meat from rolling off the tortilla. :LOL:

Yes, as well as beans there is taco-seasoned ground beef, shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped fresh tomatoes; salsa or taco sauce.
This can be pretty plain or fancier, as you wish; much the same as a taco except that it is on a flat crispy/fried corn tortilla.
Really, my preferred version of a crispy taco - - those taco shells are so often breaking in half and a little more difficult to "stuff" if you're going to make a 'supreme' version.
You can leave the beans off except that they're the basic "glue" that keeps the crumbled meat from rolling off the tortilla. :LOL:
I like the idea of the flat tortilla, I didn't know you could have it like that. I know now :)

Since I enjoy beans, I'd rather skip the meat. And yes, as you mentioned, the great thing about dishes is that you can include whatever you like.

I like the idea of the flat tortilla, I didn't know you could have it like that. I know now :)

Since I enjoy beans, I'd rather skip the meat. And yes, as you mentioned, the great thing about dishes is that you can include whatever you like.
The grocery stores here do not stock these "tostada" shells with the other tortillas, as might be expected; but usually displayed separately in something like those chip displays.
Tostada Shells

The grocery stores here do not stock these "tostada" shells with the other tortillas, as might be expected; but usually displayed separately in something like those chip displays.
Tostada Shells
I had a quick look and didn’t find many prepared options, so I’ll likely make them myself.
It easy and more cost effective.

Mozzarella sticks

Roasted Eggplant & Red Capsicum Salad :eat:

GXoES0rh.jpg

Roasted Eggplant & Red Capsicum Salad :eat:
So colorful & makes an interesting-looking dish that is totally unfamiliar to me. The only way I've ever eaten eggplant is Eggplant Parmesan; and don't believe that I've ever cooked one......love peppers, but not really hot ones. When I'm feeling adventurous this is something I should try. (y)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom