What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

MOTM March ~ @DrLeftover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

motm1.png

motm2.png

It's time to announce this
month's Member of the Month!

Congratulations to @DrLeftover

:party:

Congratulations! I don't really know what happens when you get this kind of accolade, but I'm proud of you regardless! :3

Congratulations! I don't really know what happens when you get this kind of accolade, but I'm proud of you regardless! :3

NOTHING happens. Except they turn your name a different color, and you get an obnoxious ribbon under your avatar.

It seems like it's been a really long month and I want my name to go back to whatever color it was before and that MOTM thing to go away.

NOTHING happens. Except they turn your name a different color, and you get an obnoxious ribbon under your avatar.

It seems like it's been a really long month and I want my name to go back to whatever color it was before and that MOTM thing to go away.
lee daniels lyons GIF by Empire FOX

I just do not like being the center of attention.

Talk story time.

A long time ago in a 'state job' far, far away. I was part of a team that worked through a major project involving over a hundred different locations ranging from huge state office buildings in the middle of a large city to control boxes at some very remote highway intersections in a swamp. We got it done, ahead of schedule, and within shouting distance of the proposed budget (running fiber optic cable through a salt marsh is expensive!).

In any case, at the end of the project, we were to be given an "At'a boy" certificate by the cabinet secretary, with the governor present.

It seems I had some backlogged vacation time that needed to be used that week.

My boss gave me my certificate when I came back from spending a week in our motor home, not far from that traffic cabinet in a swamp down by the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom