What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Should nitrous oxide possession be criminalised?

~ True Legend ~

Goofy Nerd
Elite Member

The UK government are considering criminalising possession of nitrous oxide. This is one of the most commonly used drugs among the younger generation. The plausible effects include anxiety, paranoia, light-headedness, dizziness and even possible unconsciousness. The drug apparently depletes the oxygen within the body.

Personally? I feel like in general, we should be thinking more about rehab and health recovery as opposed to jail sentences, fines or any other punishments. Because this will prevent ppl coming forward for help with withdrawal. In addition, the proportion of deaths from alcohol misuse is higher than from that of nitrous oxide usage. Furthermore, nitrous oxide is ised in whipped creams, suggesting that ingestion of small amounts is not dangerous.

History had proven time and time again that prohibition is never effective at controlling whatever the pigs trying to control and prohibit...literally no legislation/law has eliminated whatever they want gone and for anyone to think that laws are effective at enforcing anything are just in used to having a superiority God complex to believe that just they or governments can make laws to magically solve problems...

Seems rather harmless in the grand scheme of things. Other drugs are way worse for you.

Seems rather harmless in the grand scheme of things. Other drugs are way worse for you.
Isn't that what dentists used to offer before you got a filling in order to 'relax' you?
Haven't had that offer lately, I always told them I didn't need it. Maybe I should have tried it when I had the chance. :D

Exactly...but even if it's bad people should have absolute sovereignty over themselves and their bodies so if people want to harm or kill themselves the government shouldn't restrict or regulate it that's just wasting public time and resources unreasonably...

Like meth, which is a major problem and one of the top most used narcotics in the US.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom