What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Why Did This Match Happen?

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

And here's another reason I'm not fond of Tony Khan's booking in AEW - a pointless garbage match (in reference to the hardcore match btwn. Willow Nightingale and Skye Blue). By all accounts Willow's reign as TBS championship - a hard-earned reign for Willow - is going to be a short one because ole' Spectrum Boy, Tony Khan (I call him Spectrum Boy 'cause every time I see him, he has that "on the Autism Spectrum" look that just screams "deer in the headlights lost" in public) is dead-fucking-set on hotshotting newly arrived Mercedes Mone to the TBS title.

*looks around* @Dead2009, what kind of booking BS is TK cooking here?

:shrug: :thinking: :shrug:

He probably promised it to her in negotiations. They had to get the belt off Julia Hart anyway, shes injured.

They had to get the belt off Julia Hart anyway, shes injured.
I know that part; my beef with AEW is they seem dead set on having Willow drop the belt at Double or Nothing to Mercedes Mone, TK's latest "Ooooh, Shiny Object!" project.

I mean,. there are so many damn storylines/angles that they could run with Willow (especially given she has both Kris Statlander and Stokely "you raggedy bitch!" Hathaway in her corner) and it would give AEW time to see how she handles being champion (albeit for a secondary belt). If things don't work out by DoN, then you have Willow drop the belt at say Forbidden Door or All In but that way you not only give Willow time to handle being champion, you also give both her and Mone time to get used to wrestling in AEW.

That's why Jade Cargill looked so damn good in her match at Backlash this weekend; when she arrived in WWE they didn't rush her to the head of the title queue or to a big feud right away; they worked her over in training and made sure to polish off any problems they saw before putting her out in the arena, something AEW doesn't really know how to do and at times I don't believe could do if they tried.

They could swerve us all and have Willow retain because Ospreay is getting a title shot at DoN in which let's be honest, Roderick Strong isn't beating him and it would look bad if ALL of the "shiny new toys" get titles after walking in the door (Okada was the first one).

They could swerve us all and have Willow retain because Ospreay is getting a title shot at DoN in which let's be honest, Roderick Strong isn't beating him and it would look bad if ALL of the "shiny new toys" get titles after walking in the door (Okada was the first one).
With the different swerves AEW uses at them, I honestly wonder if Vince Russo isn't providing TK with advice on booking matters.

Nah Russo will never be used again in his life time

Nah Russo will never be used again in his life time
True but even then his booking style would be better than TK's.
*adds deadpan* Can't believe I just said that.... :sick:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom